Has a job ever changed your life?
• Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively impacts people’s lives.
• No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-
being, and inspire action in your community.
• Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose and fuel your passion every day!
• We work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with our staff. To help you reach your full potential, the Y offers coaching and training through a comprehensive leadership development and certification system.
The Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for a motivated, hardworking, self-starter to Manage one of our Child Care Programs in Pittsfield, MA.
Sample job duties include (including but not limited to)
- Collaborate with the Child Care/School Age management team to ensure that all expirations of payment methods are communicated so that the accounts can be updated in the software billing system for the Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire Branch.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training, development, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed for programming.
- Support administrative and operational demands of School Age and Child Care departments as needed.
- Create a safe and healthy environment social-emotionally, physically, and mentally for effective youth development in a Child Care setting
- Foster healthy relationships between children and staff appropriate to the child’s development and level of understanding
- Identify any child issues and behaviors and respond in a positive and effective way.
- Integrate the Y Character Development principles into interactions
- Know and enforce all rules and safety guidelines associated with Child Care programs
- Report all incidents and accidents, and fill out applicable forms and paperwork
- Provide daily communication with parents and staff
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training
- All other duties assigned by management
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related area of study preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of supervised childcare work experience
- Must possess and qualify for applicable Early Education and Care (EEC) Certification credentials and Professional Qualifications and/or possess a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- Current CPR/AED & First-Aid certification
- Ability to communicate and get along with people of diverse backgrounds is required