Find Your Y.
Change Your Community, Change Your Life
Membership at the Y opens the door to new experiences and ways to positively impact your community and enrich your life. With opportunities to give back, improve your health and make connections; the benefits of membership are far-reaching. When you join the Y, you will discover new ways to connect with your community, potential and purpose. No matter where you are on your journey, the Y is where you can be, become and belong. Join us.
Group Exercise and Swim Programs
Y Group Exercise Programs bring together health-seekers of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels in a fun, supportive environment where they groove, move and sweat their way toward better well-being.
Group exercise—including spin, strength and conditioning, yoga, and more—is one of many ways the Y supports members in achieving their health and wellness goals. Highly trained staff develop and lead the programs and often tailor them to the specific needs of their community. Find your favorite offerings on the group fitness and pool schedules.
Opportunities for All
The Y welcomes everyone, which is why our services, programs and initiatives are so wide-ranging. We inspire kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for college and career, provide opportunities for families to bond and support people of all ages and backgrounds to be healthier in spirit, mind and body. And that is just the beginning. Explore the benefits of membership.
Volunteering at the Y helps your neighbors and your community. By sharing your time, talent, support and skills; you give yourself the gift of giving back.
Give someone special the perfect present – a Y Gift Card!
Surprise your special someone with a Y gift card- available for everything we do: memberships, child care, camp and programs and so much more! Visit the Welcome Center to purchase the perfect gift, available in the amount of your choice!
Y gift cards have no hidden fees. Make shopping easy this year and surprise your friends and family with a gift that lets them choose what they really want.
Gift Card Terms and Conditions:
- The actual gift card must be presented in order to make a Y purchase.
- Gift cards may be used toward a membership or program purchased at the Berkshire Family YMCA’s branches.
- Gift cards may be used to pay membership joining fees and paid in full memberships, but cannot be used toward a continuous membership paid via monthly bank draft or credit card.
- Gift cards may be used to pay child care fees, including those that are paid via monthly bank draft or credit card.
- The gift card can be loaded and reloaded with any dollar amount. It cannot be sold for a specific program or membership, only a dollar amount.
- Gift cards have no expiration date and do not depreciate in value over time.
- There are no cash refunds for gift card purchases. If a membership or program purchased with a gift card is withdrawn, the credit can be left on the account for future purchases or returned back to a gift card.
- The card will not be exchangeable for cash except where required by law.
- Gift cards can only be purchased with cash or credit cards.
- Gift card balances cannot be checked online. Gift card recipients can call or come to the Welcome Center to check their gift card balance.
- If a gift card is lost or stolen, a new gift card will be issued only to the original purchaser of the gift card. The original purchaser must be present.
*NEW* Northern Berkshire Y ONLY Membership | Effective June 1, 2023
Northern Berkshire members have the option of paying the full Berkshire Family YMCA membership rate OR paying the Northern Berkshire Y Only membership rate!
- Financial Aid/Assistance is still applied at your approved rate.
- Monthly option only. No annual option. Must pay via EFT.
- NBY Only Memberships grant access to all amenities at NBY:
- Basketball Court
- Group Exercise Classes
- Hand/Racquetball Court
- Locker Rooms and Showers
- Member Common Area
- Wellness Center(s)
- NBY Only Memberships do not grant access to other BFYMCA Branches (Bennington, VT or Pittsfield, MA). This includes pools.
- NBY Only Memberships do not grant access to other Ys participating in Nationwide Reciprocity.
- NBY Only Membership is designed to be temporary and may be discontinued at any time - at which point all active memberships of this type will receive at least 30 days’ notice to switch to another membership type.
- NBY Only Membership is designed to recognize the extended closure of the pool and to provide options for members who wish to belong to the Y without this program area.
- No added discounts (i.e. Senior).
- Teen, Young Adult and Youth memberships do not have a NBY Only Membership option.
Adult (1) 20-24 yrs old / $21.00/Monthly
- One young adult age 20-24 years old on membership.
Adult (1) 25-99 yrs old / $37.00/Monthly
- One adult age 25-99 years old on membership.
Household 1 Adult + up to 4 children / $49.00/Monthly
- One adult age 20-99 years old on membership. Up to 4 children living in the household through age 19 may be added.
Household 2 Adults + up to 4 children / $64.00/Monthly
- Two adults age 20-99 years old on membership. Up to 4 children living in the household through age 19 may be added.
Household 3 Adults + up to 4 children / $79.00/Monthly
- Three adults age 20-99 years old on membership. Up to 4 children living in the household through age 19 may be added.
Household 4 Adults + up to 4 children / $94.00/Monthly
- Four adults age 20-99 years old on membership. Up to 4 children living in the household through age 19 may be added.
Teen (1) $10/month
- One teen 13-19 years old. Use the facility w/o an adult present and must comply with safety protocols, policies & procedures.
Youth (1) Child $5/mth
- One youth age 6 mths-12 years old. Minors age 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult age 18 and older to use the facility.
Sibling: Teen $10/mth / Youth $5/mth
NOTE: Please visit or call the Welcome Center to activate the Sibling membership type.
- Siblings 6 mths-12 years old together. Teens age 13-19 years old & Youth age 6 mths-12 years old. Rate is per child by age. Same address. Minors age 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult age 18 and older to use the facility.
Review Reduce the Rates for opportunities to reduce the full price rates.
NOTE: Bennington Residents - Stop by the Welcome Center to ask about our special rates for you thanks to our partnership with the Town of Bennington, Bennington VT.
Please visit the Welcome Center for information and to apply the discounts below.
Note: Limit one discount per transaction. Ex. Jane is 65 and pays for her year membership in full at renewal. She will receive the 10% discount for paying her membership in full.
Financial Assistance: % Off Varies
The Y welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied access to the Y based on their ability to pay. Through an application process and income guidelines, the Y decides on eligibility. Visit https://bfymca.org/financial-assistance for information.
Pay Year-in-Full: 10% Off
- Must pay the balance for the year membership in full.
Senior: 10% Off
- Age 62+ or Pittsfield Senior Center Membership Card)
- Just one qualifying senior may apply discount to individual or household membership
Celebrate 100 & Beyond: 100% Off
- Complimentary individual membership for life when you celebrate your 100th birthday.
Child Care/School Age Participant: 100% Off
- Complimentary Youth membership for children age 6 months-12 years old enrolled in our child care or school age program.
Child Care/School Age Participant Household Membership: 25% Off
- Families with children enrolled in our child care or school age program receive discount on a Household membership.
Corporate Partnerships: 10% Off
- Partnerships with local businesses offering employees a discount on membership to support workplace wellness programs.
- Would you like your business to join us as a wellness partner? Contact the Welcome Center.
- Stop by the Welcome Center to ask about our special rates for you thanks to our partnership with the Town of Bennington, Bennington VT.