Our Member’s Code of Conduct outlines prohibited action, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
Berkshire Family YMCA (BFYMCA) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. The Y reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who fails to comply with safety protocols, policies and procedures that are in place to protect the health and well-being of all.
To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to join us in taking necessary precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- If you have a fever or have symptoms of a contagious illness, including COVID-19, please stay home until you have been symptom-free for 72 hours. Everyone will be asked questions from the Y's COVID-19 sympton assessment, upon entry into Y branches or programs. Children in the Y's Child Care program and staff will be temperature checked at the start of each day/shift.
- Keep at least 6 feet distance between yourself and others while at the Y.
- Wash hands frequently and use provided sanitizer before and after a workout.
- Wipe down equipment with provided disinfectant wipes before and after use. Place equipment in areas designated for equipment that needs additional sanitization.
- Bring a face covering. We require wearing face masks in transition areas, such as, hallways, stairwells, the Welcome Center, and any time you are unable to maintain 6 feet from others.
The BFYMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA-sponsored programs
- Smoking on YMCA property – the YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
In addition, The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person or the Building Supervisor on duty.
YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.