The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course with Waterfront Module
Ever wanted to learn how to save a life? With our American Red Cross lifeguard certification course, you can do just that. Participants will learn lifeguarding skills with waterfront module, how to perform CPR on an adult, child and infant, how to use an AED, and necessary first-aid skills. Upon successful course completion, participants will be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Waterfront Module, American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Lifeguard, and American Red Cross Basic First Aid. We offer a blended format also!
This program is offered through our Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire Branches.
Who can register?
- Must be at least 15 years old by end of class
- Must attend & pass Free Pre-Course Swim Test. After passing the free test, participants will receive a registration form and can register for the class at the Y.
- Class participants will receive a CPR resuscitation mask and whistle.
- Lifeguard opportunities at the Y’s Pittsfield & Northern Berkshire Branches, BCC, Berkshire Hills, Windsor Lake
- FEE: $200 Certification | $100 Recertification
- Note: Possible partial reimbursement of certification fee if hired and employed by YMCA for 6 months minimum
- Required Free Pre-course Swim Test: January 17, 4pm or January 18 5pm located at Northern Berkshire Branch
We offer Lifeguard Certification during Winter and Spring.
Session: January 19-21 2019 Northern Berkshire Branch
Contact: Brandon Rousseau, 413-499-7650 ext. 233, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Northern Berkshire Branch, 22 Brickyard Court, North Adams MA
Swim Pre-Test: Jan 17, 4pm & Jan 18, 5pm
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course with Waterfront Module: Jan 19 - 21 from 8am - 4pm