The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course with Waterfront Module
Ever wanted to learn how to save a life? With our American Red Cross lifeguard certification course, you can do just that. Participants will learn lifeguarding skills with waterfront module, how to perform CPR on an adult, child and infant, how to use an AED, and necessary first-aid skills. Upon successful course completion, participants will be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Waterfront Module, American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Lifeguard, and American Red Cross Basic First Aid. We offer a blended format also!
This program is offered through our Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire Branches.
Who can register?
- Must be at least 15 years old by end of class
- Must attend & pass Free Pre-Course Swim Test. After passing the free test, participants will receive a registration form and can register for the class at the Y.
- Class participants will receive a CPR resuscitation mask and whistle.
- Lifeguard opportunities at the Y’s Pittsfield & Northern Berkshire Branches, BCC, Berkshire Hills, Windsor Lake
- FEE: $200 Certification | $100 Recertification Note: Participants with BFYMCA Family Membership Cert $180
- Note: Possible partial reimbursement of certification fee if hired and employed by YMCA for 6 months minimum
We offer Lifeguard Certification during Winter, Spring, and as needed.
UPCOMING LIFEGUARD COURSES:
Contact: Brandon Rousseau, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blended Lifeguard Training Course: Friday, September 18 - Sunday, September 20, 2020
- In order to participate in the IN-PERSON skills assessment, participant must have completed the online portion of the class and also send a copy of the course completion to the instructor or bring to the first day of the in-person skills training.
Northern Berkshire Branch
Contact: Beth Shustack, email@example.com