The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course with Waterfront Module
Ever wanted to learn how to save a life? With our American Red Cross lifeguard certification course, you can do just that. Participants will learn lifeguarding skills with waterfront module, how to perform CPR on an adult, child and infant, how to use an AED, and necessary first-aid skills. Upon successful course completion, participants will be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Waterfront Module, American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Lifeguard, and American Red Cross Basic First Aid. We offer a blended format also!
This program is offered through our Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire Branches.
Who can register?
- Must be at least 15 years old by end of class
- Must attend & pass Free Pre-Course Swim Test. After passing the free test, participants will receive a registration form and can register for the class at the Y.
- Class participants will receive a CPR resuscitation mask and whistle.
- Active Teen and Adult Members
- Lifeguard opportunities at the Y’s Pittsfield & Northern Berkshire Branches, BCC, Berkshire Hills, Windsor Lake
We offer Lifeguard Certification during Winter and Spring.