The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
Post your trick shot in the Facebook comments:
Our CYC Basketball program aspires to be an outstanding educational – athletic program that provides a high-quality experience to every athlete, especially those who need it most. A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete:
- Is coached using the principles of positive coaching
- Has fun at practices and games
- Feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance
- Has respect for self, team-mates, coaches and officials
- Learns “life lessons” that have value beyond the court
- Learns the skills, tactics and strategies of the game and improves as a player.
The Y's 2020 season will kick off with grades PreK - 2 by building your child's basketball foundation. Learn the basics of basketball from how to hold, dribble, and pass the ball. Players work with a small basket to practice the fundamentals of shooting! Emphasis on passing, shooting, and dribbling. Games are introduced to develop physical, social, and motor skills to instill self-confidence. Dribble, Shoot, SCORE!
We recognize that coaches are the people who most directly make this all possible. It is our goal to provide every coach with the tools to succeed as a positive coach. We are committed to creating a positive culture, in which coaches, parents, officials and athletes work together to achieve our mission.
This program is offered through our Pittsfield Branch.
We offer CYC Basketball during Fall/Early Winter.
- December 12, 2020 - February 6, 2021
WHO CAN REGISTER?
- Boys and Girls
- Ages 4 years old - Grade 2
- TBD - Through 12th grade (up to age 20)
- Active Y Membership Youth (YM) | Teen | Family (FM)
DAYS & TIMES
- PreK & K:
- Group 1: 9:00 - 9:50 AM
- Group 2: 10:00 - 10:50 AM
- Grades 1 & 2:
- Group 1:11:00 - 11:50 AM
- Group 2: 12:00 - 12:50 PM
- Gymnasium at Pittsfield Branch, 292 North Street, Pittsfield MA
Program below cost is in addition to membership.
UPCOMING SESSIONS - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Use the tools to the left to filter by Location, Days of the Week, Time, Date Range, Birth Date:
COVID-19 Prevention Policies & Guidelines
COVID-19 Prevention Policies & Guidelines
- All players, coaches, spectators, and refs will where masks at all times including while playing, practicing, anywhere in the facility
- Anybody with cold symptoms of any kind will be asked to not be in attendance. If any are noticed by staff or coaches that player will be asked to leave
- Everyone is asked to not arrive any more than 5-minutes before the expected start of your game/practice
- Keeps people from congregating within the facility
- 10-Minute buffer zone between the end and arrival of each group
- Gives time for the spaces to clear for next group
- 1 spectator per child for the younger age groups (Pre-K/K & 1st/2nd)
- Cuts amount of people in the building at given time
- Younger age groups are limited to 12 participants each segment
- Cut the size of the segment by 50% from last year
- No Spectators for all older groups
- Totally eliminates all people in building other than essential personnel; players, coaches, staff, refs
Rule changes to the game of basketball
- Use of masks required at all times
- Teams of (6) total players for 3v3 games
- Cuts team sizes down by 50%
- Games will be 3v3 half/full court depending on age groups
- Cuts the amount of players on the floor at any time by 40%
- There will be no free throws- Shooting fouls will go on scoreboard as 2 points, 1 point for other fouls
- Prevents congregation on court and stopping of play for any reason
- Ball will be checked in at top of the key when out of bounds
- Eliminates the close face to face of the imbounds
- Player picks are an illegal play
- Eliminates deliberate contact
- 1 Referee
- Cuts referee on court by 50% and one less person
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Are you enthusiastic, positive, and committed? Do you enjoy working with children? WE NEED YOU!
Volunteer coaches needed for our youth programs. In your role as a volunteer coach, you will work with our youth program members on skill development, safety, fair play, sportsmanship, and fun! The right candidate possesses organizational skills, patience, maturity, and dependability, along with sound character, strong morals, values, and personal ethics. CORI checks are required.
Free Youth Program
This program is eligible for our Greylock Coupon Free Youth Program Promotion.