WHY THE Y?
Berkshire Family YMCA is a 501(c)(3) cause-driven nonprofit organization whose mission is to put caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility into programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. Every day, the Y welcomes everyone by bringing together people of all ages and from all walks of life with a shared commitment to ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to live life to its fullest with dignity. You belong here.
The collective work of Y’s around the globe, often referred to as the Movement, solidifies the shared goal where all people achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life across 10,000 communities nationwide and beyond. The Y is the leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other.
We strengthen community by focusing on three Areas of Impact.
- FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: Empowering young people to reach their full potential.
- FOR HEALTHY LIVING: Improving individual and community well-being.
- FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Providing support and inspiring action in our communities.
Our Core Values are the essential principles guiding us in everything we do.
- CARING: Show a sincere concern for others.
- HONESTY: Be truthful in what you say and do.
- RESPECT: Treat each other as we'd all like to be treated.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Be accountable for your promises and actions.
- INCLUSION: To ensure that all segments of society have access to the Y and feel welcomed and fully engaged.
We Show Up across all experiences and communications with a congruent personality to convey our values, mission, and vision.
- WELCOMING: We're open to all and create spaces where you can be, belong and become.
- GENUINE: We value who you are and encourage you to be true to yourself and others.
- NURTURING: We're with you on your path to reach your full potential.
- HOPEFUL: We believe in your ability to inspire a brighter tomorrow.
- DETERMINED: We work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with you.
YMCA Association Number: 2841