At Berkshire Family YMCA - Camp Abenaki Summer Program at Windsor Lake North Adams, your kids will make new friends and have tons of fun as they explore new adventures each day. NOTE: Please review the Abenaki Summer Program FAQ or call/email the contacts below prior to registering. MA Vouchers are accepted and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Entering Grades K-5 (Campers must turn 5-years-old prior to the start of the registered camp week.)
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Complete the registration form and return it to the Northern Berkshire branch, 22 Brickyard Ct., North Adams.
- Not able to download the form? No problem, request to be contacted for the next steps by completing the webform at the bottom of the page.
- For information regarding the summer program please contact Angela Bleau, Camp Manager, 413-663-6529 x245, email@example.com
CAMP ACTIVITIES: SWIM, STEAM, & SPORTS!
Camp Abenaki Summer Program offers curriculum in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Activities include studying fossils, nature, weather, astronomy, dance, music and talent shows! YMCA counselors provide hands-on lessons focusing on science experiments creating volcanoes, galaxies in a bottle, exploring engineering using circuit boards, Legos and tower building with environmental resources. Our Leaders in Training (LIT) campers will lead a Community Outreach Project with the support of the younger camp groups.
- Swim time
- Field, group games
- Arts and crafts
- Sports, Play & Active Recreation for Kids
- Team building
- Traditional sports
- The Great Adventure (June 27 - July 1): Bask in the sun and breathe in that fresh air in a nature-themed week!
- Community Hero (July 5 - 8): Enjoy visits from our local PD and other community helpers! (No camp July 4)
- Enrichment (July 11 - 15): Spend the week creating and learning about your artistic side!
- Sports & Play (July 18 - 22): Try out different sports and games each day!
- STEAM (July 25 - 29): Get your brain working with fun experiments and building activities!
- Fun & Fitness (August 1 - 5): Try out different forms of exercise! Zumba, obstacle courses, and more!
- Hometown History (August 8 - 12): Learn about all the different historical components of our community!
- Color Wars (August 15 - 19): A field day style week with physical, mental, and creative competitions!
- End of Summer Celebration (August 22-26): Enjoy the last week of summer with fun games and activities and lots of free play!