The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
KICKS TO DEVELOP CHARACTER
Life skill development, like confidence, perseverance, and teamwork, are key components in youth sports programs at the Y—they help build strong kids and effective change-makers! Youth Indoor Soccer is designed to build these life skills while teaching the basic skills of soccer to children who have never played the game, and improve the skills of those who have. Athletes will learn the fundamentals of soccer, with a focus placed on ball control, rules and regulations of the game, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fair play. Our staff and volunteer coaches strive to make this a memorable and exciting experience for all.
This program takes place at the Pittsfield, Northern Berkshire, and Bennington Recreation Center branches.
The program follows guidance from the State to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Masks required. One spectator per participant for capacity restrictions. Adjusted rules of play.
Indoor Soccer Dates:
- Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire - February 27 - April 17, 2021
Outdoor Soccer Dates:
- Bennington Recreation Center - April 24 - May 29, 2021
Who can register?
- Ages 4 years old through 8th grade
- Active Y Youth and Teen Members (YM) (Family Membership FM)
- Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire branch gymnasiums.
- Bennington Recreation Center - Willow Park (middle field), Bennington VT
We offer Outdoor Soccer in the Fall and Indoor Soccer in the Winter/Spring.
Youth Sports Department Contact:
- Pittsfield & Northern Berkshire - Brandon Rousseau: 413-499-7650 ext. 233, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bennington Recreation Center - Taylor Haynes: 802-442-1053, email@example.com
Use the tools to the left to filter by Location, Days of the Week, Time, Date Range, Birth Date:
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Are you enthusiastic, positive, and committed? Do you enjoy working with children? WE NEED YOU!
Volunteer coaches needed for our youth programs. In your role as a volunteer coach, you will work with our youth program members on skill development, safety, fair play, sportsmanship, and fun! The right candidate possesses organizational skills, patience, maturity, and dependability, along with sound character, strong morals, values, and personal ethics. CORI checks are required.