The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
STRONG SWIMMERS, CONFIDENT KIDS
This year, the Berkshire Family YMCA launched new lessons to increase the accessibility and enjoyment of swimming to all ages and skill levels. The latest evolution of Y Swim Lessons accommodates varying abilities to help foster a sense of achievement as swimmers progress between levels. Through this approach, advanced swimmers flow more easily to higher levels while swimmers who need more instruction can learn at their own pace. This results in more confident swimmers who stick with lessons and develop a love for swimming that can last a lifetime. Our Aquatics staff members are available to answer any questions about the swim program and to help place your child in the appropriate swim level.
This program is offered through our Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire branches.
Who can register?
- Boys and girls
- 6 months to 12 years old
- Active Y Youth and Teen Members
How much does the program cost?
- 6 months - 5 years: $35 for 8 week 30-minute session
- 6 years -12 years: $50 for 8 week 45-minute session
- 6 months - 5 years: $25 for 8 week 30-minute session
- 6 years -12 years: $40 for 8 week 45-minute session
- Parents are asked to watch from the observation deck. There is NO OPEN SWIM DURING SWIM LESSONS.
- At least 2 children must be enrolled in a class for it to run. Class dates/times may change to accommodate enrollment.
We offer Swim Lessons year-round.
Aquatics Department Contact:
Free Youth Program
This program is eligible for our Greylock Coupon Free Youth Program Promotion.