An important message from Jessica Rumlow, CEO/Executive Director:
I hope this finds you and your loved ones well; physically, mentally and spiritually amidst these trying times. I want to personally thank each of you for your commitment to the Mission of the Y. While service to our beloved community looks very different today, in many ways it is business as usual here at Berkshire Family YMCA. Amid this crisis, your Y continues to rise to meet the needs of today's 'new normal' and fulfill our Mission. During these uncertain times, we hope you will STAY WITH US, so that together, we can support our community. We understand, however, that's not possible for everyone, so we've provided you with Membership Options. Here is a glimpse of the work your Y is engaged in:
- We have a person at our Welcome Centers fielding calls 7 days per week from 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM.
- Our Welcome Center staff have continued to support residents that live upstairs from our Pittsfield branch.
- We are completing our annual pool maintenance now, instead of closing the pools down in the summer. (Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire only. Bennington Rec Center maintenance is handled by the Town.)
- We are freshening up various areas of our Northern Berkshire branch.
- Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire branches continue deep cleaning and ongoing disinfection per CDC guidelines.
- Through a city partnership, we’re offering grab-and-go breakfast and lunch to kids in the Pittsfield community.
- We are looking to the future and determining how we can better serve our youth in our ever-changing environment so that we can best meet their needs.
- We are an Emergency Child Care site for families that are essential workers so that they can go to work and help address this public health emergency.
- To stay connected to all of you, we are posting videos of workouts you can do from home on Facebook or YouTube.
- We are reaching out to our seniors and other members that we know could use a friend during this challenging time.
- We are offering ideas to keep your kiddos engaged on Facebook.
Our facilities are temporarily closed to nonessential business until May 4 per Governors' orders.