To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Membership and Communication Associate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Pittsfield Corporate Office - 292 North St. Pittsfield, MA
- Northern Berkshire - 22 Brickyard Ct., North Adams, MA
- Bennington Recreation Center - 665 Gage St., Bennington, VT
Reports to: Membership Manager
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership and Communication Associate of Berkshire Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while supporting the needs and interests of our members.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Present a professional image to all employees, members, and general public. Wear lanyard with nametag, and adhere to dress standards at all times.
- Greet members, potential members and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner, striving for excellence.
- Be enthusiastic towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Make sure no member is left unattended.
- Respond to members' needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Direct complaints in a courteous manner.
- Follow proper procedures for group memberships, nationwide membership and guests who come in to use the facility by properly checking them in at the Welcome Center desk.
- Answer phones in a friendly and a courteous manner, transferring and forwarding calls as needed
- Maintain the security, cleanliness, and order of the Welcome Center desk at all times.
- Deliver cause-driven tours for prospective members
- Maintain organization of information, digital and print.
- Promote membership and program enrollment, volunteer opportunities, and Financial Assistance.
- Creation of branded materials for the organization, including print, social media, email and website content for marketing, development, and fundraising.
- Maintain sufficient verbal, written, and digital communication with team members and supervising staff.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equipment and Software
- Devices operating on both iOS and Windows operating systems
- Daxko Operations Membership Services
- Microsoft Office 365 – Outlook, OneDrive, Excel Teams etc.
- Adobe Suite
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Six months or more of related experience preferred
- Must be able to read
- Ability to communicate and get along with people of diverse backgrounds is required
- CPR/AED and First Aid certificate preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- Availability does include weekends and holidays
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Employee will take the initiative to assist in aiding development in others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Berkshire Family YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.