To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Family Reunification Visit Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Pittsfield Corporate Office - 292 North St. Pittsfield, MA
- Northern Berkshire - 22 Brickyard Ct., North Adams, MA
- Bennington Recreation Facility - 665 Gage St., Bennington, VT
Reports to: Supervised Visits Manager
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Family Reunification Visit Supervisor of the Berkshire Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while supporting the needs of families they work with.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Facilitates supervised family time assigned by Program Director and Program Manager.
- Models relationship building skills in all interactions.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships and models professional boundaries with families.
- Transports children before and after family time if needed.
- Documents family time for participating families in an unbiased manner.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality in a multitude of environments.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training
- All other duties assigned by management
Equipment and Software
- ADP Workforce for personal timecard management
- Devices operating on both iOS and Windows operating systems
- Daxko Operations Membership Services
- Microsoft Office 365 – Outlook, OneDrive, Excel Teams etc.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At least one year in the Human Service field is preferred
- Current CPR/AED & First Aid certification
- Ability to communicate and get along with people of diverse backgrounds is required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- Must have flexibility in schedule changes due to nature of position.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Employee will take the initiative to assist in aiding development in others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Berkshire Family YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.