Position : Part Time
Salary : $11.25 Per Hour
City / Town : North Adams
Job Description :
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Builds positive relationships with members and program participants through effective listening and verbal skills and creatively finds ways to connect them to one another and the Y community.
• Maintains active surveillance of the pool area
• Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and completes related reports as required
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area
• Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code
• Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed
• Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
• Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action
• Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants
• Attends all staff meetings and in-service training
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum age of 16
• Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent
• Child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date
• Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physically perform all skills required of a lifeguard.
• Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
• Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
• See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
Part Time After School Site Director
The Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for a Part Time After School Site Director for our new School-Age Care program at Monument Elementary in Bennington, Vermont (Northern Berkshire). Applicant must be at least eighteen years of age, possess a BA or Associates Degree, and have at least ten months of direct work experience with school-age children.
If interested, please email Laurie Vanuni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Class Instructors
The Health & Wellness Department of the Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for Fitness Class Instructors to deliver high quality fitness classes to our members of all age groups and genders.
Men, women, young and old are encouraged to apply.
If you have a willingness to engage with our community of diverse individuals with varying health & wellness goals, and a desire to expand your fitness instructor portfolio, please apply in person or email your resume to Chris Witruk, Health & Wellness Director email@example.com
* First Aid and CPR certified is a plus
* Must be 18 years or older
Before and After School Care Site Coordinators & Group Leaders
POSITION TITLE: SITE COORDINATORS & GROUP LEADERS
EMPLOYED BY: BERKSHIRE FAMILY YMCA
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: To provide leadership and assistance in recruiting and making the Before & After School Program dynamic and focused on school age
children and their families.
To consist of all of the Site Coordinator’s Job Description including but not limited to:
· Keeping and Updating children’s files.
· Supervise the group lead/site assistants on site. Responsible for overseeing daily program operations is in accordance with ALL EEC standards.
· Keeping correct attendance, snack counts, and turning them in to School Age Manager on Friday.
· Keeping parents and/or guardians informed of activities, etc. of the program and of progress and activities of their child/ren.
· To assist in observations, improvements, and cleanliness of programs.
· To be prepared to go to any of the 7 program sites when needed.
Allendale, Crosby, Downtown, Egrement, Richmond, Stearns, And Richmond
· To develop and adjust curriculum to facilitate quality in the program. Organizing curriculum to periodically include parent’s and families. Assistance in the organization of field trips and curriculum, and swimming during the school closings, holidays and snow days.
· To be on time and prepared for the day.
· Perform other duties as requested by the School Age Manager.
Before School 7am -8:45am Monday thru Friday
Afterschool 3pm-6pm Monday thru Friday
Half Days 11:30am-6pm When applicable