Marketing and Development Coordinator (Part Time) - Welcome Center
Marketing and Development Coordinator (Part Time):
Lead, coordinate and manage various communications, marketing and development/fundraising efforts, focusing on driving the Y message and brand in a variety of platforms to advance the association and achieve strategic goals. The position will provide direct oversight and daily management of various communications initiatives and digital media.
Reports to the Mission Advancement Director and works with financial development, programs, group sales and engagement and other staff to develop and implement all branded materials for the association, including print, social media, video, email and website content. Identify opportunities to increase donor engagement and program participation through print and digital tactics and storytelling.
- Saturday 2:30pm - 8:30pm
- Sunday 12:30pm - 6:30pm
For consideration, all applicants should clearly identify in their cover letter the position for which they are applying. Cover letters and resumes should be emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Aquatics & Youth Sports Manager
The Aquatics and Youth Sports Manager provides leadership and support for YMCA Youth Sports and Aquatics departments and will interact with employees, management, members, and other business associates in an outgoing, courteous manner. The Aquatics and Youth Sports Manager will perform various administrative, support, and specialty duties related to the efficient operation of Youth Sports and Aquatics. The manager will be responsible for new revenue growth in all departments. Must model relationship-building skills in all interactions and develop and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff. The manager will support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing his/her job duties and responsibilities.
LG certified a plus. Willing to certify but must be able to swim 500 yards to test into the class.
Plan and Implement Swim Lessons using YMCA swim lesson curriculum.
Manage guard schedule and substitute as needed
Maintain pool area and supplies
Maintain pool records ensuring compliance with the DPH
Over the summer manage the branch pool and Windsor Lake
Mange all Youth Sports for Northern Berkshire branch and some duties for the Pittsfield branch.
Setting sports schedules and organizing youth coaches
Hours 11:30AM-8PM Tuesday through Saturday
Manage operations of Youth Sports and Aquatics (NB Branch)
Support the Associate Director in managing the budget for all department
Support the Associate Director in hiring qualified staff and conduct staff training
Provide Family Value add programming to all programs
Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
Supervises all Youth Sport staff and volunteers at the Northern Berkshire Branch.
Secures and schedules athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and purchases necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
Oversee distribution of youth sports program information, organize and schedule program registrations.
Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and membership growth for the YMCA.
Supervise and support the Program Manager-Swim Lessons
Work with the marketing department to market swim lessons; perform program input into Daxko; assist Member Services staff with registrations and answering questions during the registration period
Assign and schedule private lessons.
Recruit and train new staff; perform pre-hire tests on incoming lifeguards/swim instructors to ensure skills Instruction for new lifeguards
Provide needed support, breaks, or coverage for lifeguards
Cover open shifts as needed
Maintain pool chemical logs in compliance with the MA codes
Support the Facilities Director in maintaining pool chemicals
Assist Senior Program Director in planning and running staff meetings and trainings.
Attend all scheduled staff meetings and meet regularly with Aquatic personnel.
Performs additional duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability
and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Position : Part Time
Salary : $11.25 Per Hour
City / Town : North Adams
Job Description :
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Builds positive relationships with members and program participants through effective listening and verbal skills and creatively finds ways to connect them to one another and the Y community.
• Maintains active surveillance of the pool area
• Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and completes related reports as required
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area
• Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code
• Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed
• Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
• Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action
• Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants
• Attends all staff meetings and in-service training
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum age of 16
• Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent
• Child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date
• Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physically perform all skills required of a lifeguard.
• Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
• Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
• See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
Part Time After School Site Director
The Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for a Part Time After School Site Director for our new School-Age Care program at Monument Elementary in Bennington, Vermont (Northern Berkshire). Applicant must be at least eighteen years of age, possess a BA or Associates Degree, and have at least ten months of direct work experience with school-age children.
If interested, please email Laurie Vanuni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Class Instructors
The Health & Wellness Department of the Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for Fitness Class Instructors to deliver high quality fitness classes to our members of all age groups and genders.
Men, women, young and old are encouraged to apply.
If you have a willingness to engage with our community of diverse individuals with varying health & wellness goals, and a desire to expand your fitness instructor portfolio, please apply in person or email your resume to Chris Witruk, Health & Wellness Director email@example.com
* First Aid and CPR certified is a plus
* Must be 18 years or older
Before and After School Care Site Coordinators & Group Leaders
POSITION TITLE: SITE COORDINATORS & GROUP LEADERS
EMPLOYED BY: BERKSHIRE FAMILY YMCA
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: To provide leadership and assistance in recruiting and making the Before & After School Program dynamic and focused on school age
children and their families.
To consist of all of the Site Coordinator’s Job Description including but not limited to:
· Keeping and Updating children’s files.
· Supervise the group lead/site assistants on site. Responsible for overseeing daily program operations is in accordance with ALL EEC standards.
· Keeping correct attendance, snack counts, and turning them in to School Age Manager on Friday.
· Keeping parents and/or guardians informed of activities, etc. of the program and of progress and activities of their child/ren.
· To assist in observations, improvements, and cleanliness of programs.
· To be prepared to go to any of the 7 program sites when needed.
Allendale, Crosby, Downtown, Egrement, Richmond, Stearns, And Richmond
· To develop and adjust curriculum to facilitate quality in the program. Organizing curriculum to periodically include parent’s and families. Assistance in the organization of field trips and curriculum, and swimming during the school closings, holidays and snow days.
· To be on time and prepared for the day.
· Perform other duties as requested by the School Age Manager.
Before School 7am -8:45am Monday thru Friday
Afterschool 3pm-6pm Monday thru Friday
Half Days 11:30am-6pm When applicable