Position : Part Time
Salary : $11.25 Per Hour
City / Town : North Adams
Job Description :
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Builds positive relationships with members and program participants through effective listening and verbal skills and creatively finds ways to connect them to one another and the Y community.
• Maintains active surveillance of the pool area
• Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and completes related reports as required
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area
• Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code
• Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed
• Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
• Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action
• Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants
• Attends all staff meetings and in-service training
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum age of 16
• Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent
• Child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date
• Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental readiness
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physically perform all skills required of a lifeguard.
• Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
• Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
• See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
Part Time After School Site Director
The Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for a Part Time After School Site Director for our new School-Age Care program at Monument Elementary in Bennington, Vermont (Northern Berkshire). Applicant must be at least eighteen years of age, possess a BA or Associates Degree, and have at least ten months of direct work experience with school-age children.
If interested, please email Laurie Vanuni at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time 3rd Shift Maintenance Staff
Berkshire Family YMCA is pleased to announce an opening for a Custodian position. This is a Part-Time position at the Pittsfield Branch located at 292 North St. Shifts are Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 10:30 PM - 3:30 AM.
• General cleaning throughout designated area of the YMCA
• Light maintenance work
• Snow shoveling in the winter
• Other duties as assigned
- Experience in general cleaning, maintenance, carpet and floor care is desirable
- Able to work without immediate supervision
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
- Familiarity with personal computers helpful
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or visit the Welcome Center at the Pittsfield Branch to complete an application.