Y-USA FAST FACTS
- The Y is a leading nonprofit strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children committed to bringing about lasting personal and social change. With a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support neighbors, the Y enables youth, adults, families and communities to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- In the U.S., the Y comprises the YMCA of the USA, a national resource office, and more than 2,700 YMCAs with approximately 20,000 staff and 500,000 volunteers in 10,000 communities across the country.
- The Y engages nine million youth and 12 million adults in 10,000 communities across the U.S.
- Worldwide, the Y serves more than 45 million people in 124 countries. Ys across the U.S. play an integral role in strengthening the leadership and youth programs of the Y around the world.
- Members, staff and volunteers of the Y include men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life.
- The Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, according to the unique needs of the communities it engages.
- The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.
- The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.