The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
Why choose the Y for your child's best summer ever?
Kids will make new friendships, develop decision-making and problem-solving skills, learn about team building and much more! We provide parents with peace of mind knowing that their children are safe, having fun and learning new lifelong skills. The staff are CORI checked and participate in extensive training including First Aid and CPR, and our lifeguards are certified. In addition, the health care administrator is on- site daily. The Pittsfield and North Adams camps must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health. Camp Sumner and Camp Abenaki campers must have active Y membership.
At YMCA Summer Day Camps, caring professional role models create experiences that help youth build character, gain confidence, and learn friendship skills. All of our Y Summer Day Camps instill the Y’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility into every activity, every day.
- Caring: Considerate to the feelings of others
- Respect: Treating others, the environment and yourself with dignity
- Honesty: Being trustworthy and truthful
- Responsibility: Accepting accountability for your actions and role in the community
Camp Activities: S.T.E.A.M., Swim, and Sports
Activities may include field trips, studying fossils, nature, weather, astronomy, dance, music and talent shows! Hands-on lessons focusing on science experiments creating volcanoes, galaxies in a bottle, exploring engineering using circuit boards, Legos and tower building with environmental resources. Our Leaders in Training (LIT) campers will lead an environmental-based Community Outreach Project with the support of the younger camp groups.
Berkshire Family YMCA offers three summer day camp locations:
- Camp Abenaki at Windsor Lake, North Adams MA
- Green Mountain Summer Program at Bennington Recreation Center, Bennington VT
- Camp Sumner at Berkshire Community College, Pittsfield MA