To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Title: Bennington Youth Programs Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Pittsfield Corporate Office - 292 North St. Pittsfield, MA
- Northern Berkshire - 22 Brickyard Ct., North Adams, MA
- Bennington Recreation Center - 665 Gage St., Bennington, VT
Reports to: Bennington Branch Director
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Youth Program Coordinator of Berkshire Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while implementing and executing teen, school age, and youth programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training for program staff and volunteers.
- Works with the Programs Manager to design and implement youth related programs.
- Keeps up to date knowledge of supplies and needs for specific programs
- Create schedules, timelines and detailed outlines for all youth programs.
- Tracks and documents program sessions with sign in sheets, detailed notes, photos, & any other means deemed appropriate.
- Maintains a positive work environment and sets an example of conduct and professionalism for staff and volunteers.
- Directly supervises school age programs and events
- Manages and supervises large scale programs, with expectations to both assist staff/volunteers as needed and directly run the program as needed.
- Supplements direct service hours at the Welcome Center Desk and Lifeguarding in Aquatics.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training
- All other duties assigned by management
Equipment and Software
- ADP Workforce for personal timecard management
- Microsoft Office 365 – Outlook, OneDrive, Excel Teams etc.
- Daxko Membership Management Software
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- An Associates' degree in Recreation, or related field, is preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with youth required
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certification required
- Ability to communicate and get along with people of diverse backgrounds is required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work setting may be both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Employee will take the initiative to assist in aiding development in others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Berkshire Family YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.