The Y: We’re for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
Get Clean Power, Save Money and Berkshire Family Y Will Receive a Donation!
The Berkshire Family YMCA has always been an advocate for giving back and providing support to our neighbors. We believe that our YMCA members and communities we serve believe the same, as well. In that light, we would like to share a special local opportunity with you. As some of you know, we have partnered with Relay Power. They have already helped dozens of our members and community to subscribe to a local community solar farm. This has already resulted in approximately $7,000 raised for the Berkshire Family YMCA. This had the impact equivalent of taking more than 160 cars off the road or preserving more than 230 acres of mature trees. For a limited time, there are more open slots. Homeowners and renters can now choose to participate in the solar farm and save money. They'll help reduce the amount of electricity produced using coal and natural gas! It does not cost anything to join the community solar farm. You will stay an Eversource or National Grid Electric customer, but will receive a 10% discount by participating in Community Solar. There are a limited number pf openings available and they will be served on a first come first served basis.
Please take the time to educate yourself on this great opportunity. We, at the YMCA, feel this is a wonderful opportunity to pass along. As part of our Social Responsibility, we hope that you share our desire to help our planet be cleaner and to support local clean energy!
Here are the basics:
- There are community solar farms in Hancock at the Shaker Village and behind the Bolton Orchards.
- There is no cost to join.
- Support clean energy while still receiving the same electricity reliability through Eversource or National Grid.
- Each month you will receive a 10% discount on your share of the energy produced at the farm.
- This is open to Western Mass. Eversource or National Grid Electric customers, including both renters and homeowners.
- The Y will receive a small one-time donation for each home that enrolls.